Sunday, 7 September 2014

A Whole New Attitude

Hello,

So, like most of you, last week I went back to school to start year 10. I decided to go back with a whole new world  attitude. Instead of complaining I am taking it upon myself to appreciate what I do have. On my first day of school we were walking to our new form room when loads of people started complaining about the stairs, just when I was about to join them, I stopped and thought about people who don't even have a school with stairs and how lucky we are to have a school with multiple classrooms and floors. I mean, in some parts of the world, the ceiling is a canopy of leaves and branches so we are so lucky to even be in a building. One thing that really struck me is that some girls were complaining about not having air conditioning in our form room. What kind of world do we live in where people are in extreme hot conditions without so much as a fan and people are complaining about being in a mostly cold country without air conditioning?

Yes, it is sort of annoying having to walk up a couple of stairwells every morning but we do have water bottles in our bags, its not like we have to walk a couple of miles to collect water that might give us cholera just to quench our thirsts. Loads of people, and I admit;even myself sometimes, moan about such trivial things that really have no importance in the grand scheme of things. This academic year, I am going try to appreciate things a lot more and I think that if more people concentrated on what we do have rather than what we don't, it would be such a better environment. Teenagers now think they are in the worst possible predicament when really they are so privileged.

I hope I have given you some food for thought and I encourage you to realise that your situation is probably not the end of the world and instead of moaning about trivial things, take time to appreciate all that you do have.

Have a great time back at school,
Amani x

No comments:

Post a Comment