So today I wanted to share with you three books that I've read recently, all by Mitch Albom. Im probably a bit late to jump on the Mitch Albom bandwagon but nevertheless here I am! Mitch Albom is an american author and musician. I've only read 3 books of his but they are honestly amazing and definitely worth the hype.
![]() |
| This is my humble collection |
The Five People You Meet In Heaven
This book is about a man who dies, when he gets to heaven there are 5 people waiting for him. Each of these five people have some sort of connection to his life, through this ,Eddie (the main character) learns and understands more about his life and events that took place. This book is very moving and thought provoking. It talks about after life in a very different and poignant way- that is really refreshing and intriguing. This book made me think about my actions and how they affect my life and the lives of others. I definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in after-life and self development.
Have A Little Faith
This book starts of with a Rabbi asking Mitch Albom to write his eulogy. Its a great book that delves into different faiths and highlights the importance of faith. The character voice is Mitch's but as you read it, there are different perspectives and views on display. This book makes you question your compassion, feelings and judgments. This book may be the best non fiction book I've ever read, apart from maybe, Tuesdays with morrie...
Tuesdays With Morrie
Tuesdays with Morrie is also a non fiction book written by Albom. It is about Mitch and his old dying professor. Morrie teaches his last course in the subject life. Each chapter is a compelling lesson to both Mitch and the reader. Through this book, I learnt more about life and about myself. This book refreshes your outlook on life and makes you really think about your life and your actions. This book is one of the most inspiring and enlightening book I've read in a long time.
Mitch Albom is a beautiful writer whose books take you along a journey. These books will make you laugh, cry and cringe. But most importantly- It will make you feel something. I would go so far to say these books are an art form.
Sorry this post has been a long time coming,
Hope to write soon,
Amani xx

No comments:
Post a Comment