Sunday, 22 February 2015

Finding Yourself...Some Thoughty Thoughts

Hello there,

Today I wanted to talk about finding yourself. I've been thinking about this a lot recently and I've come to the conclusion that maybe you don't or can't find yourself, maybe you create yourself. I know that's a pretty bold statement but just hear me out.

To me, the finding suggests that something was lost before. So if you've never lost yourself how can you find yourself? And if you don't know whats lost how can you be sure you're finding or searching for the right thing? Another direction to go in is finding in the sense that you're searching for something. Like a quest of something. I know a lot of people say they want to go travelling to find themselves. But to be honest want do they expect to find?

I think through these experiences you create yourself. For example wont your travels offer you different experiences that will ultimately shape you as a person? Instead of finding yourself aren't you building up yourself, creating the person that you will become? People try different things in attempt to find themselves, but aren't you just molding yourself as an individual? Filtering out all the things that you're not interested in? And keeping the ones that you are?

I think you can never really be found as a person. We are constantly developing our personalities and interests. Instead of going through futile attempts to find myself, I'm going to use all the opportunities and experiences available to create myself.

If you have any thoughts about this let me know!
Write to you soon,
Amani x

No comments:

Post a Comment