Thursday, 2 April 2015
Creativity
Hello there,
So today I wanted to talk about creativity. The word often has connotations of drawing, painting, making music or just generally making stuff and creating things. People don't often think of me as a creative person because I'm not that great at conventionally creative things-like I'm not a very talented artist or musician. However I do think that there is creativity in appreciation. I am an art appreciator and I love listening to music (this sounds so pretentious, I know). I also think there is creativity in thinking. In thinking of concepts or ideas, imagining and dreaming.
Sometimes the word creativity bounds us down so much by the things that are expected of "creative people". I think today we are all just put in categories and not allowed to venture out. Before, we just used to have philosophers. Thinkers. Now, we divide them up into scientists, musicians, politicians etc. Some people are deemed uncreative but if you think about it, what is more creative than science? Creativity can be found in anything and anyone. We need to stop letting the word bound us down and start defining the word in new and innovative ways.
People are creative in loads of different ways, and that's great! Creative things are a great outlet of emotion but its not so great when you're restrained to only a few activities. So I guess the point of this post is don't worry if your idea of creativity is different to other peoples. Find your creative outlet and thrive in it!! Whether it be poetry, writing , art or science, reading, music, find it and own it.
Amani xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment