Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2015, Here I Come


Aloha!

SO, it's that time of year again. The New year-New me' s are taking over all social media timelines and pages. It is a time of new beginnings and fresh starts, a clean slate for us all. It is also a time to reflect on the past year, I think this part of New years is more important than the new years resolutions. If you don't take time to acknowledge your achievements and downfalls, to appreciate the past years events, to evaluate yourself and use this time to get to know yourself- how are you meant to make proper resolutions that might actually be beneficial?

2014 has been a pretty good year for me, for one thing, I started this blog. And even if it hasn't taken the world by storm, it has been a great outlet for me and a great satisfaction to get over 800 page views. This year I feel that I have grown closer to my friends and I have deepened relationships. In particular, the end of this year- these past couple of months- have been great. I feel really fulfilled and I have gotten involved with so many things, met new people and I just feel like I'm sort of finding my place. This probably doesn't make sense. But I think that sense of fulfillment is so important in life and at the moment I feel really content having found that.

I have tried and been apart of a few things this year that I've really enjoyed and I feel that I'm findings things that I like and am discovering new passions. This year I was Richard in Richard III (in a SSF production) I was chosen to be in the debate team, starting attending my boroughs youth council, and started this blog.

I hope 2015 will be a good year for me. It is certainly off to an exciting start as I am a candidate in the 2015 Youth elections, the voting takes place in early February so I am looking forward to starting my campaign in the new year. (I will hopefully write a blog post about the elections in more depth). This year I haven't really made any resolutions but I aim to take hold of opportunities and get involved with projects, I want to explore more areas and become more of a distinct individual. I also hope to write on this blog more often and write more varied types of posts.

I hope you have a great New Years whatever you have planned, and I hope to see you again next year in 2015!

For the last time in 2014, 
Amani xx

No comments:

Post a Comment