Monday, 22 December 2014

This I-world


In this word today, we are full of I-things, I phones, I pads, I pods, its just a matter of time before we all turn to the I-life. All caring about ourselves and the air of selfishness that everyone seems to be living and breathing with. Already, I see it around me, The girl who makes fun of others to make herself look better,The older sister who'd rather wallow in her own trivial matters than to pick up her younger siblings from school.Slowly, we are becoming such an anti-social society, and whats more is that people have stopped caring. It seems that people are relishing in their own bubble of life. But what is a life without others? Without true friendships? Without peace and compassion? 

When is a selfie going to a be a wefie? I know it seems sort of odd to talk about this in terms of pictures. But we are cultivating a mentality of isolation and selfishness. Even in our colloquial mannerisms we are advocating this I-world.

And to be honest, even one person can tackle this issue for the masses. One persons actions can radiate in their communities and societies and really make a difference. I urge you to reach out to people around you and I encourage everyone to care a little bit more about others. If not to better ourselves, we have to start caring more to protect future generations.

To quote Bugsy Malone



Amani xx

No comments:

Post a Comment