So today is Audrey Hepburns 85th birthday. Audrey Hepburn is one of my all time favourite actresses. I love everything about her from her beauty to effortless sophisticated style. She was born in 1929 and acted through Hollywoods golden age. She tragically died in 1993 from appendiceal cancer. She did many inspiring acts throughout her life, of which I find the setting up of the "Audrey Hepburn Childrens Fund" truly amazing.
| I even made this clock at school!! |
To celebrate her iconic life on film- I put together my top 4 Audrey Hepburn films. So here goes.
Roman Holiday
In this film Audrey Hepburn plays a European princess who's life is restricted. This all changes on her European tour when she escapes her guards in Rome and falls in love with an American man. Roman holiday is a classic rom-com and a great film. Set in the 50s the style is chic and sophisticated.Sabrina
In this film Audrey Hepburn plays the daughter of a household chauffeur. The family that uses the chauffeur are 2 brothers. These two brothers both have a interest in Sabrina. This is an all time favourite and I would definitely recommend this to any fan of romantic films.
Breakfast At Tiffanys
I think this is probably Audrey Hepburns most iconic and famous film. In this film she plays a NYC socialite Holly Golightly. A writer moves in to her apartment block and so begins the adventure of Paul and Holly. Based on the book by Truman Capote which is on my to-read list!
Funny Face
This is probably my favourite Audrey Hepburn film. It tells the story of book shop
clerk that gets brought into the fashion industry by a impromptu fashion shoot. This is a great musical starring another one of my all time favourites Fred Astaire! If you are going to watch any of the films I've mentioned make it Funny Face.
Amani xx



No comments:
Post a Comment