Helloo there,
So, yesterday I was reading a blog and the blogger wrote a post about being unique. This got me thinking of all the assemblies I have sat through about being unique. It seems that some of the people who give these assemblies are the same people who snigger at someones loud outfit on non uniform day. I know this topic is so overdone but I just wanted to get my points about it across. As I've mentioned before in my "I liked them first" post- everyone wants to be unique. However I dont think anyone actually IS unique. To me this isn't a bad thing. I think that everybody is a collection of qualities they see in others and adopt themselves.I always think that being different is not the same as being unique. Being different is more about standing out from the social environment you are in although there is probably someone just like you some place else. I think that you can have different interests and wear different things but at the end of the day you are not wholly unique. Not being "unique" ,to me, doesnt mean you are not you're own person. Its means you ARE yourself but just reflect attributes that you see in others. I think you can have unique thoughts and characteristics but about more outwardly things like fashion and things likes, that you can never really be unique in this society. And even if you think you are- you're probably not. And thats okay. I think people need to embrace the fact that sometimes they are not unique and sometimes they're just common but thats alright. Its the common things that brings people together. I think that people need to live their lives as they want and stop being so fake in order to be "unique" when that defies the whole purpose of "uniqueness".
Well, that was very deep!
Amani x
No comments:
Post a Comment