Sunday, 11 May 2014

There is no friend as loyal as a book~ Ernest Hemmingway


Greetings!

So this posts is going to based around one of my  favourite things: BOOKS!.
 Yesterday, I went to the library and I couldnt help but feel a sense of nostalgia. I found it quite overwhelming thinking of how many visits I have made to this place and how much it has changed- how I've changed. One thing that has stayed with me since I was a little child is my love of books, I have always been fascinated by the power of words and the way you can live different lives,experience different worlds just from reading. I have always loved everything about the library from the variety of people; different ages,races,interests etc to the smell of old and new books. Yesterday when I was looking for a new book,I noticed how I towered over the book cases this made me smile to myself (I must have looked like a total freak!!) because I remembered that long ago when my favourite book was Dogger by Shirley Hughes (which I definitely recommend)
I dreamed of the day when I could see above the ever so big shelves! I think theres something sort of mystical about library books and sometimes I just marvel about their stories, Not the ones they hold in words but the ones they hold in soul. The rough and tumble in somebody's rucksack on their way to school, the strange looks it got when the reader read it on a train, the porthole it had become when the reader needed a safe haven to escape the world around them. I think its quite amazing how library books have been in loads of peoples homes and these people have laughed and cried and felt along with you, in this single book.

To me a book has always been a way to escape and travel the world in the comfort of my own home. I have been to france with Hugo, victorian london with Dickens, a farm with Orwell and the yorkshire moors with Bronte. Rowling took me to Hogsmede as I became a member of the ace gang with Louise Rennison. Shakespeare took me to enchanted forests and to the stormy seas.

Whenever I read a book I particularly enjoy I always like to read more from the author to fully appreciate and delve deeper into their style of writing. At the moment it is Ernest Hemmingway and I am reading "A farewell to arms" and "For whom bells toll". Ive started A farewll to arms and already its amazing!!



Amani xx


No comments:

Post a Comment