Hello there,
So the very anticipated film; Maleficent, starring Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning, came out on wednesday and me and a few friends went to watch it. Maleficent is a film showing Maleficent's side of the well known story- Sleeping Beauty.
Overall it was a very good film however quite predictable. I don't want to spoil it for you however there are some bits which are kind of predictable but different form the original story of sleeping beauty. It wasn't a long film which was good because it didn't drag on like some films I've seen recently! Angelina Jolie was really good and played the role excellently. She played the evillness and vulnerability of the character very well. Elle Fanning was also brilliant. I thought she fitted the princess role really well and was very believable in her loving ignorance. I was kind of surprised that Prince Philip didn't have a major part in the film but then again that was kind of expected as the film is not a remake of Sleeping Beauty but another side to the story.
In the film there were moments of excitement, sadness and love. I went to watch it in 3D but the 3D aspect was hardly there and want THAT good, you aren't missing anything if you don't watch it in 3d. All in all it was a great film and I'd definitely recommend you to watch it!
FUN FACT: Angelina Jolies daughter played a younger Aurora because they couldn't find a child who wasn't scared of Maleficent.
Amani xx

No comments:
Post a Comment